Monday, April 29, 2013

What's in a name?

I just had a great talk with my Dad. I was thanking him for how he and my mom have encouraged me to grow in my love for God's Word. We were talking about reading all the names in the Old Testament and he said some day he might meet those people (not all of them listed in the Bible of course) and he wants to say to them "Oh, I read your name in the Bible. Nice to meet you". Like, did you know there is a woman in the Bible named Noah? He told me he found his 100 page thesis he wrote on the Tabernacle for his graduation from Northwestern College. I want to get a copy of that. He reminded me that Jesus said that Moses and the Prophets wrote about Him so we need to be looking for all the shadow references of Jesus when we read the Old Testament. We had a precious conversation about many things and updates on the Hartzellites. And I reminded him how he shared Acts 17 with me before we left for the mission field. We were giving up our home and we knew that as missionaries, we would no longer identify one place in the world as our home. How we cherish that Heaven is our home and when we are there, we will not be longing for home anymore. In the meantime, we are to seek the Lord through His Word. He greatly encouraged me and he said I encouraged him. Oh, how I miss them. My heart is now in 4 places on this earth and one in my eternal home in Heaven.

No comments: