Recently I took a walk through two of the world’s largest airports. I chose to wear the wrong, untested shoes. They were comfortable at first but I got a blister after awhile. My right leg hurt in the calf and hip so my pace greatly slowed down as I tried to walk without bursting the blister. We had plenty of time so I wasn’t worried. I walked on the movable walkways when they were available. Jeff has long legs and a fast gait so he was often many yards ahead of me. At one point he rolled my carry on bag so I could walk easier. But still, I walked alone most of the way and only caught up with Jeff a few times. The thing that was so hard for me about this was not that Jeff didn’t walk with me. I knew he needed his exercise and he felt compelled to get to each destination quickly. I did not want to drag him behind just to walk with me. I knew I could find the way on my own. The thing that troubled me was walking alone and wondering what it will be like when I am more elderly and perhaps even slower. Will I be walking alone?
Two days later I am still pondering this but this morning the first thought on my mind was “I will walk with you. You will not be alone!” Wow! What a comfort. Imagine that, God can walk my speed. He promised never to leave me and this morning He reassured me that He will walk with me through my future challenges. Some times I wonder who will help me when I am old or just ill. Where will I live? Who will cook for me and drive me to appointments? Who will help me remember things? What is it gong to be like? In my walk through the two huge airports, these thoughts troubled me. I didn't have an answer. But the Lord reassured me that He will be there. He will walk with me to the end of my life, be it sooner or later. Thank you Lord!
Two days later I am still pondering this but this morning the first thought on my mind was “I will walk with you. You will not be alone!” Wow! What a comfort. Imagine that, God can walk my speed. He promised never to leave me and this morning He reassured me that He will walk with me through my future challenges. Some times I wonder who will help me when I am old or just ill. Where will I live? Who will cook for me and drive me to appointments? Who will help me remember things? What is it gong to be like? In my walk through the two huge airports, these thoughts troubled me. I didn't have an answer. But the Lord reassured me that He will be there. He will walk with me to the end of my life, be it sooner or later. Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment