Sunday, January 06, 2008

He will bring you quietness with His love

Last week we learned from Micah that her training date for deployment has been moved up from March 29 to the 24th.  With the 2 conferences in Manila that Jeff and I are coordinating, it is nearly impossible for us to go home any sooner than March 20. This will give us only 3 days with her and we don't know yet if we'll have any time with her in April.

Recently I was encouraged by the reminder of Ecc 3. The caption in the Holman Bible is "The Mystery of Time" "There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven... a time to embrace and a time to avoid embracing..." Someone gave to us and Micah a plaque with a verse of Psalm 31:15 in nice calligraphy by her father, John McTaggart Carson in 1932. The plaque says "My Times Are In Thy Hand" and then there is a poem:

I would be quiet, Lord,
Nor tease, nor fret:
Not one small need of mine
Wilt Thou forget!

I am praying for God's direction and perfect timing for all of us.  Sometimes I fret over how many things I have to do in the next couple months and over the fact that I wish I could go to Minnesota earlier to help Micah prepare. But my personal prayer is that I won't fret but fully trust God's perfect time. In my quiet time this morning I was very encouraged by Zephania 3:16-17

16 On that day it will be said to Jerusalem: "Do not fear; Zion, do not let your hands grow weak.
17 The Lord your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring you quietness [He will renew you] with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy."

With a God who loves me so deeply, I have no need to fret. He will bring me quietness and will renew me with His love.

No comments: