Monday, November 10, 2008

Psalm 27

When I was in high school, I memorized Psalm 27. It has been an encouragement to me in many ways through the years. It comforted me when my father-in-law and sister-in-law died. It calmed my fears when I didn't think I could move forward on how God was leading us. Whenever I was fainthearted, I remembered that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Even though my daughter is in a war-zone, I am not afraid. When my heart yearned for God, it beckoned me to see His face. I would have to say now that Psalm 27:4 is my favorite verse in the Bible and the theme I want to center my life around. This is what I seek after. 2 Corinthians 3:18 is a companion to this verse:
"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
Oh Lord, I want to see your face. I want to change into your likeness. Thank you that this metamorphose is an act of grace. The more I behold Your beauty, the more I become like You.

(Anyway, I had fun making this banner for my blog. The photo was taken from my office window early in the morning on a heavy pollution day. Oh well, the sunrise was still beautiful.)

No comments: